This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: evolution vs prelink on debian ppc sid
- From: Ulrich Drepper <drepper at redhat dot com>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Jack Howarth <howarth at bromo dot med dot uc dot edu>, libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 16:09:25 -0700
- Subject: Re: evolution vs prelink on debian ppc sid
- References: <200209262255.g8QMtvc21521@magilla.sf.frob.com>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Roland McGrath wrote:
> We have to do something with objects that don't have the new tag, i.e. all
> objects that exist now.
We have to do something, correct, but the answer can be very simple:
don't do anything (in prelink that is).
This restriction can perhaps be relaxed a bit if we can recognize at
link-time that we will not run into trouble at runtime. This will
require incorporating knowledge of ld.so in prelink which isn't pretty
but also not too bad.
Adding code to ld.so to work around non-fatal limitations in old tools
is something I really cannot agree to. We will never be able to ged rid
of this again so let's not even start.
Unless sometbody sees a problem I'll proceed and try to get DT_DYNSYM_SZ
accepted into the gABI.
- ---------------. ,-. 1325 Chesapeake Terrace
Ulrich Drepper \ ,-------------------' \ Sunnyvale, CA 94089 USA
Red Hat `--' drepper at redhat.com `------------------------
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.0.7 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----