This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: evolution vs prelink on debian ppc sid
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Jack Howarth <howarth at bromo dot med dot uc dot edu>,libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 15:24:03 -0700
- Subject: Re: evolution vs prelink on debian ppc sid
You should use `const' for the TAGS table. Otherwise, though it's fairly
ugly this seems like the only reasonable thing to do. In fact, there is
nothing in the ELF specs that disallows putting the string table elsewhere
in the first place or moving it around with some other tool in any object.
So I think the prudent thing to do is perform this search for all objects,
not just the executable itself. AFAIK dl_addr is only used as a debugging
aid and its performance is never an issue, but if one cared about the
performance of this little search it could cache the results in the link_map.