Patch changelog format.

libc-alpha,

When a patch has a changelog history, or is not being applied
by the person who originally created the patch, does this in
any way change the changelog format?

Is it important to have patch history, such as:
---
2002-09-09  Carlos O'Donell  <carlos@baldric.uwo.ca>

	2001-11-14  Matthew Wilcox  <willy@debian.org>
	* linuxthreads/descr.h: mumble mumble.

	2000-07-31 David Huggins-Daines <dhd@debian.org>
	* sysdeps/hppa/dl-machine.h: New file.

---

Would you rather just see:
---

Matthew Wilcox <willy@debian.org> authored the linuxthread changes
and David Huggins-Daines <dhd@debian.org> did the dl-machine.h
rewrite.

2002-09-09  Carlos O'Donell  <carlos@baldric.uwo.ca>

	* linuxthreads/descr.h: mumble mumble.
	* sysdeps/hppa/dl-machine.h: New file.

---

Since I haven't seen postings or patches that have been
this out of sync from upstream, I'm not sure what format to
follow (or how much information to express).

Cheers,

c.