This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Copyright Assignment] -> glibc 2.2.94 - hppa - pthreads support
- From: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at baldric dot uwo dot ca>
- To: Ulrich Drepper <drepper at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com, debian-glibc at lists dot debian dot org,Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>,Matthew Wilcox <willy at debian dot org>,Randolph Chung <tausq at debian dot org>
- Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 01:11:10 -0400
- Subject: [Copyright Assignment] -> glibc 2.2.94 - hppa - pthreads support
- References: <20020925030946.GC6883@systemhalted> <3D912B19.firstname.lastname@example.org>
> > Modified patch: removed files related to IPC on hppa, and updated
> > for PowerPC 32/64 pt-machine.h split to match latest 2.2.94 changes.
> You keep sending patch after patch but the main question remains
> unanswered: does the FSF have all the necessary assignments? Who write
> the changes? Only you? We need assignments from everybody who
> contributed in significant amounts and their employers.
Unspoken questions remain unanswered ;)
Clearly, I'm not the only one who has written changes, and the
posted changelog indicates this.
I thought it was common courtesy and convention to check all of
this _before_ posting patches to libc-alpha.
I have checked with all the authors who have changed and added code.
All those who modified code while under the employment of Linuxcare,
sold the copyright to HP. HP has blanket futures for glibc, thus all
the HP employee's who have modified the code also have blanket futures
The following people have copyright assignment for changes:
- Matthew Wilcox (Linuxcare, now HP employee)
- Alan Modra (Linuxcare employee, now IBM)
- David Huggins-Daines (Linuxcare employee)
The following people are in the process of procuring copyright
- Carlos O'Donell
- Randolph Chung
If anything is still not clear, or possibly erroneous, please let
me know. If you would like a more authoritative answer, I'll
get in contact with Alan Meyer at HP.