This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] ppc64 libc-start changes
- From: "Steve Munroe" <sjmunroe at us dot ibm dot com>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- Cc: aj at suse dot de, geoffk at geoffk dot org, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 16:27:38 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] ppc64 libc-start changes
Roland McGrath writes:
> > Because argc is an int and sizeof(int) != sizeof(long) and powerpc is
> > bigendian (I need the lower 32-bits of a 64-bit dword).
> > I suppose argc = (int)(*(long *__unbounded) stack_on_entry); might
> All three are equivalent. The cast is implied by the assignment.
Oops. I was thinking Java again. Can't get away with that stuff there ;-)
I'll fix it up and resubmit.