This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] add ppc64 specific code
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- To: "Steve Munroe" <sjmunroe at us dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 21:52:28 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] add ppc64 specific code
> OK I'll take a look at this. On the .hidden the gcc-3.2 may not
> have all support for this. Full support is promised for gcc-3.3.
The .hidden is never mandatory, just optimal, right? (The exports are
controlled by version scripts anyway.) So if you use attribute_hidden and
the other glibc macros with existing configure checks, then it will be
suboptimal in gcc 3.2 but better when 3.3 comes along.
> OK, I'll need to do a quick forward port to current cvs first then create
> new patch.