This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: FreeBSD port (42): ptsname
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- To: Bruno Haible <bruno at clisp dot org>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 11:02:16 -0700
- Subject: Re: FreeBSD port (42): ptsname
- References: <email@example.com>
Though POSIX.1 does not specify it, I think we want all GNU libc
implementations of isatty to set errno in the canonical way,
i.e. to either EBADF or ENOTTY. This happens using the existing
definition that calls tcgetattr, and that is the way isatty
works in FreeBSD libc too. I don't see a reason to change the callers.