This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: more on cat-gets/tst-catgets
- From: Jack Howarth <howarth at bromo dot msbb dot uc dot edu>
- To: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com, drepper at redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 09:05:23 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: more on cat-gets/tst-catgets
It appears that the critical difference causing the breakage in
debian sed is their use of a --with-regex= flag in configure which
according to the debian change log is there because...
* Build with libc regex code to speed things up. Closes: Bug#63039
I find that I can't build stock sed 3.0.2 with --with-regex without
getting compile errors so debian has some other patches hidden in
their diff. I will follow up on this on debian-devel to see if I
can get the exact patch to sed 3.0.2 that they are using.
Note I am only bring this Debian specific change up on the list
because it explicitly claims to use the libc regex code, works under
glibc 2.2.5 and breaks under 2.2.92. So I think we should examine
this enough to discover if we have a regression in 2.2.92 or not.