Re: linuxthreads, POSIX 1003.1j and CLOCK_MONOTONIC

Brian Kuschak wrote:

> POSIX 1003.1j defines a new clock attribute for
> condition variables, along with a new clock type,
> CLOCK_MONOTONIC.  This attribute allows
> pthreads_cond_timedwait() functions to specify their
> timeout using a clock which never jumps forward or
> backwards.  This prevents a race condition which
> occurs in the present gettimeofday() implementation if
> the system clock is stepped forward or backwards.
>
> What is the plan for adding POSIX 1003.1j support to
> GNU linuxthreads?  Is there anyone out there who has
> implemented such a solution already?

Hi Brian,

We are planning on getting this implemented in the next couple of
months. Basically we're working on getting the rest of the
POSIX Realtime Options that are currently NOT implemented, implemented.

Regards,

Tom

--
Tom Gall - [Embedded] [ppc|ppc64]  Code Monkey
Peace, Love and Linux Technology Center "Where's the ka-boom?