This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
New MIPS cross toolchain using glibc-2.2.5pre1....
- From: "Steven J. Hill" <sjhill at cotw dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com, linux-mips at oss dot sgi dot com
- Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 14:46:31 -0600
- Subject: New MIPS cross toolchain using glibc-2.2.5pre1....
- Reply-to: sjhill at cotw dot com
First I want to thank HJ Lu for his patience as I traded quite
a few emails with him trying to get this up and working. I was
successful with building a new MIPS toolchain using the following:
It compiles kernels and user apps with no problems. I have made
everything available here:
Most important is the patch required to glibc-2.2.5pre1 in order
for a MIPS toolchain to even build. The other important item is
that it is absolutely necessary to specify the '--enable-kernel=2.4.X'
option when configuring glibc, or you will have problems with
undefined versioned symbols related to GLIBC_2.1. There is also
a shell script in the 'sources' directory that shows the exact steps
that I used. Hopefully this will be of some use to someone. Cheers.
Steven J. Hill - Embedded SW Engineer