This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] resolve glibc-2.2.5 build problems for arm-linux
- From: Phil Blundell <pb at nexus dot co dot uk>
- To: Ben Collins <bcollins at debian dot org>
- Cc: jeroen dobbelaere <jeroen dot dobbelaere at acunia dot com>, libc-alpha <libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: 23 Jan 2002 14:40:06 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] resolve glibc-2.2.5 build problems for arm-linux
- References: <3C4EB8E1.email@example.com> <20020123135325.GG396@blimpo.internal.net>
On Wed, 2002-01-23 at 13:53, Ben Collins wrote:
> > + arm*)
> > + arch_minimum_kernel=2.4.0
> > + libc_cv_gcc_unwind_find_fde=yes
> > + ;;
> Does arm really require such a new kernel? Mine is still running 2.2.x.
> I think the default should be more lenient.
In theory glibc will run on any arm kernel back to 2.0. In practice it
wouldn't surprise me all that much if the 2.0 support has succumbed to
bit-rot, but 2.2 is definitely still supposed to be supported.