This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [libc-alpha] mt-application hanging in exit()
- From: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- To: <Bertold dot Kolics at Sun dot COM>
- Cc: "Andreas Jaeger" <aj at suse dot de>, <libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com>,"Kaz Kylheku" <kaz at ashi dot footprints dot net>
- Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 20:56:00 +0100
- Subject: Re: [libc-alpha] mt-application hanging in exit()
- References: <200201191927.g0JJRjI25346@rowlf.Central.Sun.COM>
Bertold Kolics <Bertold.Kolics@Sun.COM> writes:
|> Hallo Andreas,
|> >> Then we must have a problem. I can reproduce it each & every time. I have run
|> >> my app under strace using microsec timestamping, and I could see the restart
|> >> signal arriving before the signal mask modification is done inside suspend().
|> >Please send a *small* program that shows the problem,
|> I may have found the problem, but I still believe that there is a problem in glibc.
|> Before setting up the signal handlers, I used to clear the signal mask of the process.
You must not call sigprocmask in a multi-threaded process. Use
Andreas Schwab, SuSE Labs, email@example.com
SuSE GmbH, Deutschherrnstr. 15-19, D-90429 Nürnberg
Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756 01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."