This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: mmap stdio breaks GNU ld
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at frob dot com>
- To: drepper at redhat dot com (Ulrich Drepper)
- Cc: Geoff Keating <geoffk at redhat dot com>, haible at ilog dot fr,libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 23:15:41 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: mmap stdio breaks GNU ld
Your claim is nonsense, but fortunately I think it does merit comment.
There is no reason that has to be done in fopen. The switch of jump tables
could as well be done in the underflow function. Just because you've done
it one way already without thinking too much about the ramifications it
might have on the API, doesn't make it impossible, or even undesireable, to
do it a differently.