This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: mmap stdio breaks GNU ld
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at frob dot com>
- To: drepper at redhat dot com (Ulrich Drepper)
- Cc: Geoff Keating <geoffk at redhat dot com>, haible at ilog dot fr,libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 22:44:47 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: mmap stdio breaks GNU ld
> Roland McGrath <email@example.com> writes:
> > Why should it cache file contents on fopen rather than on first read?
> Because this would eliminate the benefits.
Bullshit. Having the underflow function get called one single time does
not kill the caching benefit.