This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: mmap stdio breaks GNU ld
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at frob dot com>
- To: Geoff Keating <geoffk at redhat dot com>
- Cc: drepper at redhat dot com, haible at ilog dot fr, libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 19:58:05 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: mmap stdio breaks GNU ld
> In the case of the file position after fopen, it seems like
> documenting this would limit glibc's freedom to cache file contents;
Why should it cache file contents on fopen rather than on first read?