This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: New GB18030 gconv module for glibc (from ThizLinux Laboratory)
- From: Anthony Fok <anthony at thizlinux dot com>
- To: Yu Shao <yshao at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Markus Scherer <markus dot scherer at us dot ibm dot com>, Ulrich Drepper <drepper at redhat dot com>, libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com, kevin at thizlinux dot com, fai at thizlinux dot com, sunnygu at thizgroup dot com, suzhe at gnuchina dot org, Bruno Haible <haible at ilog dot fr>
- Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 11:23:57 +0800
- Subject: Re: New GB18030 gconv module for glibc (from ThizLinux Laboratory)
- References: <OFA37FFE2D.E724FA8B-ON88256B44.006732B8@raleigh.ibm.com> <3C4770AA.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 10:47:38AM +1000, Yu Shao wrote:
> There is no definition of Unicode range U+10000..U+10ffff in the
> standard book published on March 17, 2000.
That book is old. GB18030 was re-released on December 2000. Also, there
has been updates since December 2000 was published, especially with
the advent of Unicode 3.1.
As I have mentioned, Markus Scherer is intimately involved with the
Unicode and GB18030 standards, and Glibc/GNU iconv developer Bruno
Haible also knows what he was doing when he added U+10000..U+10ffff
to gb18030.c back in May 2001.
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling
ThizLinux Laboratory <email@example.com> http://www.thizlinux.com/
Debian Chinese Project <firstname.lastname@example.org> http://www.debian.org/intl/zh/
Come visit Our Lady of Victory Camp! http://www.olvc.ab.ca/