Re: New GB18030 gconv module for glibc (from ThizLinux Laboratory)

Well, I am sorry to tick anyone off, but I thought that being copied on an
email discussion that 1) refers to me personally and 2) discusses things
that I believe I can help with some insights, it was not outrageous to
respond. I am sorry if my response was out of context or offensive.
Technical discussions that I am used to are normally not this touchy.

On the technical merits of your (Ulrich's) reply, I was referring in my
email to mappings to _unassigned_ Unicode code points; they are of course
still "Unicode positions" since they are part of the designated code point
space in Unicode.

Actually, I am confused. Are we talking about conversions to Unicode and
ISO 10646, which is governed by two standards committees, or are we in
fact talking about conversions to an "internal private charset"?

markus

Markus Scherer  IBM GCoC-Unicode/ICU  San José, CA
markus.scherer@us.ibm.com (also for SameTime)

Ulrich Drepper <drepper@redhat.com>
Sent by: drepper@myware.mynet
2002-01-17 13:41