Re: New GB18030 gconv module contributed by ThizLinux Laboratory

Anthony Fok <anthony@thizlinux.com> writes:

> Therefore, I sincerely ask you to give our gb18030.c a second look.
> Features of this file include:

The problems you see are almost certainly stemming from the fact that
the tables you use are containing invalid code positions.  If a
character is not defined in Unicode/ISO 10646 the converted must not
accept it.  The GB18030 standard might already define what happens if
these code positions appear in a source but this can only mean that
they are prepared for the time when these code positions are defined.

Yu Shao had all these positions defined in his first version and I
assume all the provided test files were accepted.  I had to send him
back and redo everything so that only character which appear in

  http://www.unicode.org/Public/UNIDATA/UnicodeData.txt

are accepted.  All other characters are invalid.

Look at your converter.  If it does anything different it needs to be
fixed.  And once this is done I hope it does the same as the converted
which I added yesterday.