This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Closing Wish for 2002 ...
- From: Francois Leclerc <leclerc at austin dot sns dot slb dot com>
- To: Linus Torvalds <torvalds at transmeta dot com>
- Cc: William I MacGregor <wmacgregor at austin dot sns dot slb dot com>, Markus Friedl <markus at openbsd dot org>, Paul Eggert <eggert at twinsun dot com>, security-audit at ferret dot lmh dot ox dot ac dot uk, libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com, Robust Open Source <open-source at csl dot sri dot com>
- Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 15:48:59 -0600
- Subject: Closing Wish for 2002 ...
- Organization: Schlumberger
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
I started this discussion, based on 1 simple step we could make
I now understand much better the GNU/Linux philosophy regarding
string management, and how it conflicts with strl*, therefore the
adversity to my proposal from the glibc maintainers.
To respect all people's time, I wish this thread to close in its
current status quo. I should follow my -lunacy elsewhere
as recommended by Alan Cox 8^}).
Thank you for the debate,