This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [open-source] Re: Wish for 2002 ...
- From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds at transmeta dot com>
- To: <mouring at etoh dot eviladmin dot org>
- Cc: Markus Friedl <markus at openbsd dot org>, Paul Eggert <eggert at twinsun dot com>, <leclerc at austin dot sns dot slb dot com>, <security-audit at ferret dot lmh dot ox dot ac dot uk>, <libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com>, <openssh at openbsd dot org>
- Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 12:07:59 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: [open-source] Re: Wish for 2002 ...
On Fri, 11 Jan 2002, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> static char *strdup2(const char *s1, const char *s2)
What kind of stupid nincompoop would first complain about other peoples
code, and then select a silly name like that? "strdup2()"? Hello, clutz!
It's not only non-sensical, but it's not really even portable because of
the "strxxx()" format.
Call it "concat_string()" instead, dum-dum.
Linus "can keep a flame-war going by himself" Torvalds