This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [libc-alpha] Re: [open-source] Re: Wish for 2002 ...
- From: "Eric S. Raymond" <esr at thyrsus dot com>
- To: Kaz Kylheku <kaz at ashi dot footprints dot net>
- Cc: Linus Torvalds <torvalds at transmeta dot com>, "Thomas Bushnell, BSG" <tb at becket dot net>, Paul Eggert <eggert at twinsun dot com>, leclerc at austin dot sns dot slb dot com, security-audit at ferret dot lmh dot ox dot ac dot uk, libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com, open-source at csl dot sri dot com
- Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 22:33:25 -0500
- Subject: Re: [libc-alpha] Re: [open-source] Re: Wish for 2002 ...
- Organization: Eric Conspiracy Secret Labs
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org> <Pine.LNX.4.33.0201101823570.31242-100000@ashi.FootPrints.net>
- Reply-to: esr at thyrsus dot com
Kaz Kylheku <email@example.com>:
> The problem with some people is that they have Unix blinders on their
Speaking just for me, I don't think I have Linux blinders on my eyes.
I can see other platforms, but I *choose* to ignore them on the theory
that if I ignore them hard enough they will go away.
This theory is obviously crazy. However, it also appears to be working.
<a href="http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/">Eric S. Raymond</a>
To stay young requires the unceasing cultivation of the ability to
unlearn old falsehoods.
-- Lazarus Long