This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Wish for 2002 ...
- From: "Martin v. Loewis" <martin at v dot loewis dot de>
- To: leclerc at austin dot sns dot slb dot com
- Cc: kaz at ashi dot footprints dot net, security-audit at ferret dot lmh dot ox dot ac dot uk, a dot josey at opengroup dot org, tiemann at redhat dot com, libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com, open-source at csl dot sri dot com
- Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 23:35:36 +0100
- Subject: Re: Wish for 2002 ...
- References: <Pine.LNX.4.33.0201091840140.23184-100000@ashi.FootPrints.net> <3C3E14ED.FB6D413@austin.sns.slb.com>
> In this proposed statement, I try to express that:
> -There is still doubt in the mind of the GNU libc maintainers of
> the security benefits provided by strlcat & strlcpy.
What about Kaz' objection that the semantics of these functions is not