This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [libc-alpha] Re: [open-source] Re: Wish for 2002
- From: Mark Brown <bmark at us dot ibm dot com>
- To: Linus Torvalds <torvalds at transmeta dot com>
- Cc: "Thomas Bushnell, BSG" <tb at becket dot net>, Kaz Kylheku <kaz at ashi dot footprints dot net>, Roland McGrath <roland at frob dot com>, Russ Allbery <rra at stanford dot edu>, <libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 14:16:21 -0600
- Subject: Re: [libc-alpha] Re: [open-source] Re: Wish for 2002
On Thursday, January 10, 2002, at 11:29 AM, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> While _I_ think it's an argument for trying to make glibc go on a diet.
Keeping in mind that whatever we add, we will have hell trying to
remove. Binary compatibility is going to be the keyword here...
This is why we must carefully consider what we add -- we can't
really remove it later if we are wrong.
Mark S. Brown
Senior Technical Staff Member, IBM Server Group
512.838.3926 fax 512.838.3882