This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Wish for 2002
- From: Kaz Kylheku <kaz at ashi dot footprints dot net>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 02:55:34 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: Wish for 2002
Andreas Schwabi <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Kaz Kylheku <email@example.com> writes:
> |> The strlcat operation can be done like this: |>=20 |>
> snprintf(destination, limit, "%s%s", destination, source);
> This is undefined, because destination is both read and written in an
> overlapping way.
Oops, you are right. For some reason I thought that exact overlap
is permitted, but ISO C clearly rules out any overlap whatsoever.