This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Wish for 2002
- From: Mark Brown <bmark at us dot ibm dot com>
- To: Christoph Hellwig <hch at ns dot caldera dot de>, Paul Eggert <eggert at twinsun dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com>, Francois Leclerc <leclerc at austin dot sns dot slb dot com>
- Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 09:11:14 -0600
- Subject: Re: Wish for 2002
Christoph Hellwig wrote on 03/01/02 3:36 AM:
> There's a lot of stuf under __USE_BSD in glibc that's in no standard at
> all. strlcpy/strlcat is in ~75% of the currently sold unix versions
> which makes it some kind of defacto standard.
No, it just means that those OSes happen to have a common base. It doesn't
make those APIs into proper practice (look at how many OSes still offer
setuid shell scripts, yet I don't recommend *that* as a good thing to
Mark S. Brown firstname.lastname@example.org