This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
gcc 3.x test matrix
- To: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Subject: gcc 3.x test matrix
- From: "H . J . Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 09:21:01 -0700
Here is something I come up with.
Since the run-time glibc now depends on the run-time libgcc_s.so, we
need to test the interaction between different libgcc_s.so's. We have
2 matrices here.
1. glibc and run-time gcc:
glibc compiled by gcc 2.95.x 3.0.x 3.x.x
2. executables and C++ DSOs:
by gcc 2.95.x 3.0.x 3.x.x
C++ DSOs compiled
Assuming there is a libgcc ABI update between gcc 3.0.x and gcc 3.x.x,
we need to
1. Define what kinds of change can happen. A new libgcc version name?
How will they be implemented.
2. Define how they will impact glibc. Should libc.so have the new
libgcc version name in gcc which is used to compile glibc?