This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
- To: Ulrich Drepper <drepper at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: __libc_ia64_register_backing_store_base
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 16:30:32 -0700
- Cc: java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, libc-alpha at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <20010829145746.A313@mufasa.cygnus.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 03:09:28PM -0700, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> Does this mean the GC is starting to do some work before the
> constructors are run?
Err.. which constructors?
> This seems just wrong. If not all constructors
> have finished their work the system is not yet in a consistent state
> and things like this can happen.
If all libraries that libgcjgc depend on have been initialized
(and they have), then I see no reason why doing GC before _start