This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: malloc patch for 2.2.4
- To: Wolfram Gloger <wmglo at dent dot med dot uni-muenchen dot de>,libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Subject: Re: malloc patch for 2.2.4
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 09:51:02 -0700
- References: <email@example.com>
On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 03:55:19PM -0000, Wolfram Gloger wrote:
> Argh, if the following is the cause for the strange SMP crashes
> (haven't yet checked), well, I'll just hide somewhere..
> 2001-08-21 Wolfram Gloger <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * malloc/malloc.c: Make access to ..._hook pointers thread-safe.
Would you mind explaining how this improves thread safety? It's not as
if you're trying to keep the hook value consistent across some other
event; each hook is called once. And in fact, I can see it still being
thread-unsafe if copying a function pointer is non-atomic. Isn't that
the case on, say, ia64?
Daniel Jacobowitz Carnegie Mellon University
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer