This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: glibc 2.2.4
- To: drepper at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: glibc 2.2.4
- From: "Dr. Ernst Molitor" <molitor at mibi02 dot meb dot uni-bonn dot de>
- Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 14:41:18 +0200
- CC: libc-alpha at sourceware dot cygnus dot com, linux-gcc at vger dot kernel dot org, libc-announce at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: molitor at uni-bonn dot de
Dear Ulrich Drepper,
thank you very much for all your work on glibc; it is highly
appreciated, and the result is excellent. Please extend my warmest
thanks to all your co-workers.
Most regretfully, you've had to overcome major difficulties beyond
those that can be assigned to software design and implementation. To
make things worse, those non-technical difficulties, if I may use this
benevolent circumscription, cannot be expected to be settled with any
certainty. If you feel any sort of action by a happy user of glibc (or
maybe a bunch of happy users) could help avoiding or at least reducing
the dismal hassles you've described in your announcement e-mail,
please let me know.
Best wishes and regards,