This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Changing WCHAR_TYPE from "long int" to "int"?
- To: Thiemo Seufer <ica2_ts at csv dot ica dot uni-stuttgart dot de>
- Subject: Re: Changing WCHAR_TYPE from "long int" to "int"?
- From: Eric Christopher <echristo at redhat dot com>
- Date: 06 Aug 2001 15:41:28 +0100
- Cc: "H . J . Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, linux-mips at oss dot sgi dot com, GNUC Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- References: <20010806164000.E400@rembrandt.csv.ica.uni-stuttgart.de>
> I don't know if this is an good idea. BITS_PER_WORD is 64bit for mips64,
> this might be wrong for wchar_t. At least the code for irix6 defines
> WCHAR_TYPE_SIZE == 32.
Hrm. You might be right. I was thinking that would be correct though.
AFAICT from reading the c++ standard, it doesn't care about the size of
wchar_t as long as it is large enough to hold the values from the
Perhaps some c++ expert could help with this a bit? Benjamin is there a
problem if wchar_t becomes 64-bits?
Look out behind you!