This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Changing WCHAR_TYPE from "long int" to "int"?
- To: Eric Christopher <echristo at redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: Changing WCHAR_TYPE from "long int" to "int"?
- From: Thiemo Seufer <ica2_ts at csv dot ica dot uni-stuttgart dot de>
- Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 16:40:00 +0200
- Cc: "H . J . Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, linux-mips at oss dot sgi dot com, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
Eric Christopher wrote:
> > I am working on will be the first gcc 3.x for Linux/mips. So there
> > shouldn't be any problems. Am I right?
> I _think_ you are ok doing this.
> I just noticed from your patch that you set the size to 32-bits. Please
> set it to BITS_PER_WORD.
I don't know if this is an good idea. BITS_PER_WORD is 64bit for mips64,
this might be wrong for wchar_t. At least the code for irix6 defines
WCHAR_TYPE_SIZE == 32.