Changed shared library loading strategy on PPC, why?

Hi,

it seems someone changed the library loading strategy on PPC, which
certainly has a performance impact. So I would like to know why this had
been done and if it was done on purpose at all.

On PPC before the change the address scheme was like that:

executable at 0x10000000
shared lib first load below that, and if that space runs out, loading
continues below 0x70000000.

Now, it seems that loading starts immediately below 0x70000000, leaving the
space with optimal relocations below 0x10000000 unused.

This behavior wasn't there on May 5, so this must be a recent change
triggering this, but I didn't see something obvious in the ChangeLogs.

Franz.