Re: shrinking /usr/lib/locale

Jakub Jelinek writes:

> Doing this in localedef will have advantage of not requiring free space to
> hold non-hardlinked /usr/lib/locale hierarchy which will be shrinked later
> on, on the other side it could be tiny bit slower (if there are locale
> definitions with the same size but different content).

This hasn't been a problem so far. I've observed that "same size but
different content" case only for the very small locales like LC_PAPER,
and for them the comparison is fast anyway.

If it turned out to be a problem, we could add some kind of CRC or
md5sum to the header of locale data files. But this doesn't appear to
be needed now.

Bruno