Re: Possible bug in sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/powerpc/mmap64.c

> Cc: Jack Howarth <howarth@bromo.med.uc.edu>, libc-alpha@sourceware.cygnus.com
> From: Ulrich Drepper <drepper@redhat.com>
> Date: 19 May 2001 16:33:21 -0700
>
> "H . J . Lu" <hjl@lucon.org> writes:
>
> > 1. Even on PPC, the kernel page size may change.
> > 2. Linux may have variable page size one day.

Hi HJ,

I understood at the time that even if the kernel page size changed,
and even if linux implemented a variable page size, this syscall would
still need a shift of 12.  The constant 12 is part of the ABI and not
necessarily related to the actual page size.

> > 3. sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/powerpc/mmap64.c is included by
> > sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/hppa/mmap64.c and other ports may do the
> > same.

If these ports need to do something different they need their own version.

--
- Geoffrey Keating <geoffk@geoffk.org>