Re: gcc bug impacts glibc cvs

H.J.,
   Bernd Schmidt is planning on Franz's fix to go into gcc 2.95.4 since
Bernd hopes to release gcc 2.95.3 today. So far it seems that ppc is the
only arch immediately impacted by this problem. For those users a patched
version of gcc is available from Franz at..

ftp://devel.linuxppc.org/users/fsirl/R5/SRPMS/gcc-2.95.3-2v.src.rpm

I think because of the nature of this bug it may be difficult if not
possible to testcase all arches since most of them don't tickle
the bug (unlike ppc's optimizations). I haven't heard if Franz has
gotten his patches into mainline. Apparently a bunch of optimizations
were turned off in mainline that can be re-enabled because of this fix.
                        Jack
ps I will rebuilding the rawhide SRPMS shortly with this patched gcc and
will let everyone know if anything breaks. So far it looks fine.