This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: gcc bug impacts glibc cvs
- To: drepper at cygnus dot com (Ulrich Drepper)
- Subject: Re: gcc bug impacts glibc cvs
- From: Franz Sirl <Franz dot Sirl-kernel at lauterbach dot com>
- Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 19:52:25 +0100
- Cc: Jack Howarth <howarth at bromo dot med dot uc dot edu>,libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <Jack Howarth's message of "Mon, 12 Mar 2001 04:02:55 -0800 (PST)"><200103121202.EAA31792@bromo.med.uc.edu>
At 17:59 12.03.2001, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
>Jack Howarth <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> > ps I did try Franz's suggested patch from...
> > http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-alpha/2001-03/msg00020.html
> > ...and glibc cvs complies fine and passes all of make check
> > with that suggested hack.
>This is a hack. rth acknowledged that this is a gcc bug. I'm of
>course of the opinion that it is a must-fix. A hack like Franz' can
>only go in together with a test for this bug.
Well, currently this test is quite simple, every GCC does it potentially
wrong so far. Maybe a fix can go into gcc-3.0, but most probably it won't
be in gcc-2.95.3.