This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Fix EM_S390 value
- To: Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse dot de>
- Subject: Re: Fix EM_S390 value
- From: schwidefsky at de dot ibm dot com
- Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 11:41:47 +0100
- cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
>AFAIK we can live with the old assignment but you need to CC your
>patch to the special gnu.org address for those assignments.
Which one? firstname.lastname@example.org ?
>Please send the changes (together with ChangeLog entries) in several,
>smaller chunks and check first that all patches conform to the GNU
>coding standards. This time I will not reformat the patches like I
>did last time.
I will take great care to make the patch compliant to the GNU coding
style. Some questions about the copyright statements:
1) The year for the new 64 bit code will be 2000 or 2001? The first
64 bit patch was published last December.
2) Does the copyright of moved files change? I don't think it should
but I better ask.
3) Changes in "old" 31 bit files will get 2001 added to the year list.
>I suggest to split the patch in at least the following thunks:
>- Changes for generic code (this is a must, they should come
> separatly). Please explain in detail why each patch is needed.
elf/elf.h, linuxthreads/shlib-versions, scripts/config.guess,
>- Changes for the existing 31bit S390.
This patch will contain the moves to the new s390-32 subdirectories.
>- The new 64 bit port.
Linux/390 Design & Development, IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH
Schönaicherstr. 220, D-71032 Böblingen, Telefon: 49 - (0)7031 - 16-2247