This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: glibc 2.1.97
- To: Christian Iseli <chris at ludwig-alpha dot unil dot ch>
- Subject: Re: glibc 2.1.97
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 18:14:16 +0100
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
> In the meantime, I've had good success (compiling glibc-2.2) with:
> CFLAGS="-O2 -mcpu=ev56 -pipe"
> It even seems to have compiled __printf_fphex correctly...
printf_fphex is only miscompiled with -mcpu=ev4/-mcpu=ev5 AFAIK.
I'll try to look into it soon (unless Richard beats me to do that).
> After applying the attached patch to sysdeps/alpha/fpu/libm-test-ulps, make
> check passes cleanly.
Please don't. Errors like 156 ulps should not be in libm-test-ulps, it is a
bug to compute it with such errors, not something that should be tolerated.
Please make sure you have Richard's sqrt fixes in the compiler (or compile
e_sqrt.c with -O1).
I got both
CFLAGS="-freorder-blocks -DNDEBUG=1 -g -O3"
CFLAGS="-mcpu=ev6 -freorder-blocks -DNDEBUG=1 -g -O3"
glibcs to bootstrap today and pass make check if printf_fphex had:
CFLAGS-printf_fphex.c = -O0
(with yesterday's binutils patches and alpha dl-machine.h patch posted