This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: EUC-KR and WON SIGN
- To: jshin at pantheon dot yale dot edu
- Subject: Re: EUC-KR and WON SIGN
- From: Ulrich Drepper <drepper at redhat dot com>
- Date: 07 Nov 2000 13:12:10 -0800
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
- Reply-To: drepper at cygnus dot com (Ulrich Drepper)
Jungshik Shin <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> How many times have you changed this? Just once, right?. I submitted a
> draft of the module (with U005C identically mapped to \0x5c) two years
> ago and you changed it a month ago(?).
Yes. But it's a recurring scheme.
> I understand what you're saying(You might have dealt with similar issues
> in Japanese and Simplified Chinese locales) However, could I say you
> might as well have verified what they had said or sought a second opinion
> on the issue before making an actual change especially considering what
> I had written to you and Bruno about \0x5c problem in JOHAB before your
> change was made?
I cannot talk to every single person who ever made contributions for a
specific piece of code.
> Anyway, I'll try to talk some people out of their position that
> \0x5c be mapped to U20A9 in EUC-KR and get back.
---------------. ,-. 1325 Chesapeake Terrace
Ulrich Drepper \ ,-------------------' \ Sunnyvale, CA 94089 USA
Red Hat `--' drepper at redhat.com `------------------------