Re: shared lib problem on PPC (was: Re: glibc 2.1.92 tst-getdate failure on linuxppc)

Franz Sirl <Franz.Sirl-kernel@lauterbach.com> writes:

> What can I do from here? Maybe tell me why add_dependency isn't
> called on x86?

This is strange.  It's certainly wrong that add_dependency is called
since it is a dependency to the object itself.  In dl-lookup.c you'll
see that calls to add_dependency are protected by

	if (__builtin_expect (current_value.m->l_global, 0)
	    && (__builtin_expect (current_value.m->l_type, lt_library)
		== lt_loaded)
	    && undef_map != current_value.m

The last expressions "undef_map != current_value.m" should be false in
your case.  If you can step through the dlsym() call (this is where
the dependency will be added) and can show me what the values of the
participating variables are that would help.  Again, undef_map should
be the one loaded and current_value.m as well.