This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Problems with last BP patches for Makerules
- To: Greg McGary <greg at kayak dot mcgary dot org>
- Subject: Re: Problems with last BP patches for Makerules
- From: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 13:52:03 +0200
- Cc: Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse dot de>, drepper at cygnus dot com,libc-alpha Mailinglist <libc-alpha at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>,libc-hacker at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <email@example.com><firstname.lastname@example.org>
Greg McGary <email@example.com> writes:
|> Question: do the contents of the static library differ
|> when we're also building a shared library?
AFAIK, no. In fact, the static library is supposed to present the same
API as the shared library (plus libc_nonshared).
Andreas Schwab "And now for something
SuSE Labs completely different."
SuSE GmbH, Schanzäckerstr. 10, D-90443 Nürnberg