Re: Disabling file/line output in abidw?

On Tue, Oct 31, 2017 at 5:33 AM, Dodji Seketeli <dodji@seketeli.org> wrote:
> Hello Andrew,
>
> "Andrew C. Morrow" <andrew.c.morrow@gmail.com> a écrit:
>
>> Hi -
>>
>> The abidw tool emits file and line information in the 'filepath',
>> 'line', and 'column' attributes, like this:
>>
>> <function-decl name='MurmurHash3_x64_128'
>> mangled-name='_Z19MurmurHash3_x64_128PKvijPv'
>> filepath='src/third_party/murmurhash3/MurmurHash3.cpp' line='266'
>> column='1' visibility='default' binding='global' size-in-bits='64'
>> elf-symbol-id='_Z19MurmurHash3_x64_128PKvijPv'>
>>
>> I'd like the output not to contain this information. Is there a way to
>> disable it?
>
> Unfortunately, no, not yet.  There is the --no-show-locs option that is
> accepted by abidw.  It should do what you are asking, but apparently
> it's not wired in yet.  abidiff does honor that option, though, by not
> showing the locations in the ABI change report output.  But it looks
> like implementing that for abidw felt through the craks, sorry.
>
> Thank you for raising this.

I looked at that flag, and even tried it, but as you note it has no
effect. Then I read the man page entry for it and it said something
about the "second shared library", so I assumed I had misunderstood
what it was for. It would definitely be good to see it wired up.

>> If not, would a patch adding support for doing so be
>> welcome?
>
> Sure thing :-)
>
> In the mean time, I'll look at implementing that today (because it
> really should have been in), unless you beat me to it' :-)

No, I haven't done it yet, so don't wait for me.

Thanks,
Andrew