Re: [Bug default/20369] Assertion `m' failed in abidw: abg-dwarf-reader.cc:7472

"mjw at redhat dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla@sourceware.org> a écrit:

> Compressed ELF section support was added to elfutils 0.165.

Right.  So I am assuming that Andrew is using an elfutils which version
is >= 0.165.

"andrew.c.morrow at gmail dot com"
<sourceware-bugzilla@sourceware.org> a écrit:

> --- Comment #7 from andrew.c.morrow at gmail dot com ---
> I did some further building, and it appears that all of the assertion failures
> reported earlier do not reproduce if -fdebug-types-section is not
> used.

Thanks for the insight, Andrew.  I could reproduce the issue now with
elfutils compiled from the master branch of its Git repository.

I need to look at this more closely, but I am guessing that libabigail's
DWARF reader now needs to support the debug informatin entries of tag
DW_TAG_type_unit (that are emitted when the compiler flag
-fdebug-types-section is emitted) which it doesn't support yet.

--
		Dodji