Re: efficiency regression in r8479

On 05/27/2015 11:08 AM, Jamison Hope wrote:
On May 27, 2015, at 12:20 PM, Per Bothner <per@bothner.com> wrote:
Indeed, unsigned primitive integer support is a work-in-progress.
BTW a major motivation for doing this work at this time
is to provide consistent behavior between SRFI-4 uniform vectors
and native arrays, including having the former return unboxed results.

Sounds reasonable.  Is there going to be reader syntax for unsigned
literals?

I hadn't thought about it, but it would seem reasonable.
The syntax NNNu seems the most obvious (and is consistent with
Common Lisp "potential numbers").  But there are some issue.  For example
should unsigned numbers be printed with 'u'? Do we also want
byte/short/long suffixes?

These questions aren't a priority right now.

This in turn is related to the "generic sequence" support I'm working on.
(Once that is done, I plan to document and stabilize for a Kawa 2.2 release.)

Are we skipping 2.1?

I'm thinking about using even minor numbers for actual releases, and odd
numbers for "in-between", as in SVN snapshots. But perhaps we can use
SVN sequence numbers for the 3rd part:
   2.0.8479