This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Insight project.
Question on snapshot packaging
- From: Keith Seitz <keiths at redhat dot com>
- To: "insight at sources dot redhat dot com" <insight at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 11:12:47 -0800
- Subject: Question on snapshot packaging
It looks like I'm going to have to fiddle my way around with manual
snapshots for a little while, but I have some questions for consumers of
How do people want me to package snapshots? I see two options:
1) The whole enchilada: package insight, gdb, bfd, and everything else
that is needed to build insight into one giant tarball. Make diffs
of this tarball available from snapshot to snapshot.
2) Insight-only tarball containing gdb/gdbtk, tcl, tk, itcl, and libgui.
Provide diffs of this tarball from snapshot to snapshot.
Right now, I've done #2. I've written a web page about the process,
explaining everything in (what I consider) quite painful detail.
All I have to do is find someplace to put the snapshots...
Comments or other suggestions?