This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Insight project.
RE: another problem when building insight
- From: "Dave Korn" <dk at artimi dot com>
- To: "'Keith Seitz'" <keiths at redhat dot com>,"'twomol'" <twomol at bj1860 dot net>
- Cc: <insight at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 17:34:53 -0000
- Subject: RE: another problem when building insight
> -----Original Message-----
> From: insight-owner On Behalf Of Keith Seitz
> Sent: 30 November 2004 17:22
> On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 23:11, twomol wrote:
> > In I:\gnu\insight: cvs -q checkout -P insight
> > CVSROOT=:pserver:email@example.com:/cvs/src
> That looks right. When I do that, I don't get a "binutils"
> directory. I get:
[ listing of no binutils dir snipped! ]
> > After checking out, in the insight directory ,there is a
> src dir.In th src dir,there are many dirs, one of which is
> binutils.If you say the binutils dir isn't necessary ,I don't
> konw why it's here.
> > Did I miss something?
> Goofy. Anyway, binutils itself is not necessary to build gdb/insight.
> Just remove it.
Twomol, do you perhaps have a ~/.cvsrc file on your system that is giving
the -d option by default to checkout/update? That could explain it.
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....