This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Insight project.
Re: Cannot connect to remote target via serial port
- From: Keith Seitz <keiths at redhat dot com>
- To: Hans Kester <hans at ellips dot nl>
- Cc: "insight at sources dot redhat dot com" <insight at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 08:47:48 -0800
- Subject: Re: Cannot connect to remote target via serial port
- References: <7772A37DE7948E4D995BC6733DC62B823C70C1@nt-server2.ellips.nl>
On Fri, 2004-11-19 at 05:08, Hans Kester wrote:
> When I try to connect to my remote target (sh-elf) with the serial port
> (COM1) I get the following error message:
> "com1: Inappropriate ioctl for device."
Does this really still happen with 6.1? A patch was committed which I
thought fixed the problem.
So it appears the latest is that cygwin must now use "/dev/ttySX"
(X=0,1,...) instead of "/dev/comX".
Could you please confirm this for me before I commit a patch?