This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Insight project.
RE: Cannot connect to remote target via serial port
- From: "Jon Beniston" <jbeniston at compxs dot com>
- To: "'Hans Kester'" <hans at ellips dot nl>,<insight at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 13:13:59 -0000
- Subject: RE: Cannot connect to remote target via serial port
- Organization: CompXs
- Reply-to: <jbeniston at compxs dot com>
> When I try to connect to my remote target (sh-elf) with the
> serial port
> (COM1) I get the following error message:
> "com1: Inappropriate ioctl for device."
> This happens with Insight 5.2, 6.0 and 6.1. It also has
> something to do with the version of Cygwin I am using. With
> the latest or a recent version of Cygwin I get this error,
> with an older one (1.3.22) it still works.
Can you connect with GDB in command line mode? i.e.
set remotebaud 115200
target remote /dev/ttyS0