This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Insight project.
RE: How to get stderr to be displayed in the console
- From: "Jon Beniston" <jbeniston at compxs dot com>
- To: <insight at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 12:14:50 -0000
- Subject: RE: How to get stderr to be displayed in the console
- Organization: CompXs
- Reply-to: <jbeniston at compxs dot com>
> I'm using Insight 6.0 on Windows/Cygwin. I'm debugging a
> program using the remote serial interface. Text sent to
> stdout appears in the insight console window, but text sent
> to stderr appears in the window of the shell that started
Similarly, stdin has to come from the shell rather than the Insight console.
Further, stdin and stderr only seem to work if CYGWIN=tty is set. If not,
then accessing stdin / stderr result in "Bad file number" errnos.
Setting CYGWIN=tty screws up output in console mode GDB.
Is this a bug or expected behaviour?