This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Insight project.
Re: remote target: single step too slow
- From: Keith Seitz <keiths at redhat dot com>
- To: Ilko Iliev <iliev at caretec dot at>
- Cc: "insight at sources dot redhat dot com" <insight at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 09:22:23 -0800
- Subject: Re: remote target: single step too slow
- References: <418A3AF8.email@example.com>
On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 06:21, Ilko Iliev wrote:
> I found in the last version of gdb next stange effect:
> after breakpoint the gdb read the code memory from the beginning of the
> current function in single word mode. This make the single stepping very
> very slow.
> Why it is necessary gdb to read code after each breakpoint or single step?
> If it is necessary is it not possible to read the code in block mode
> (one packet transaction with remote target)?
Same with this one: ask on the gdb list for a definitive answer.